A Love Knit Up

Thursday, March 02, 2006

It's 5:30 am. I can't sleep and I have a class to attend tomorrow at 11:30, office hours at 2. Tomorrow is going to be a terrible horrible no good very bad day. I've been thinking about my thesis (bad), my knitting (good, but what am I going to do with my stash while I go to England for a year?), and my friends who are all moving around the country next year, so that nobody is going to live in the same area any more.

I was talking to a friend, and I told him that I had bought some yarn to make presents. "You knit? You give knitted gifts? There's your mistake, right there." It was as though he thought that a knitted gift is something to be embarrassed about, as though it is impossible to give a functional and attractive knitted gift. I've had people tell me that my knitting is beautiful and that they would love a knitted gift, but statements like that always make me wonder: how much do people really appreciate a knitted gift?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home