A Love Knit Up

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Rest and Relaxation

So I'm finally completely done with everything! No more finals, papers, grading, anything!

My last final was on Thursday. On Wednesday night I had a horrible dream that my final started at 7:15 and that I missed it. I woke up, jumped out of bed, and started getting dressed as quickly as I could: it was already 9:30, and finals started at 9:15! I'd already gotten completely dressed and was brushing my hair when I realized that yes, while finals started at 9:15, my final was at 2:15. That I had set the alarm correctly last night for noon, so that I could get as much sleep as I needed, and that there was nothing to worry about. But by this point the adrenalin had already kicked in and I couldn't get back to sleep.

Friday I was finishing up grading, which took forever and was incredibly boring. But since then I've done nothing but read, sleep, and knit. (It's been very nice, I might add.) I've been working on Ljod and on the Spring Blossoms shawl that I mentioned earlier. They still look pretty much like they did before, though, so there is very little progress to be reported. I've also started the Raku Suri Stole, made out of Alchemy Yarns' Haiku. (Which is 40% silk 60% mohair and absolutely gorgeous. I love it, although it's my first lace experience with lace yarn, so I'm having some minor difficulties. I think my needles aren't really sharp enough for lace with such a thin yarn.) If you want to see what it looks like so far, imagine four bamboo needles with a mess of noodle-looking lace-weight greenish-yellow yarn hanging off of it. (Here is a picture of the general yarn, the color I'm using is called "Dragon.") It doesn't look like much. I'll post a picture after I block it.

There's a thunderstorm going on outside. I love thunderstorms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home