A Love Knit Up

Monday, April 24, 2006

Updates

I haven't posted in a while because I haven't felt like doing pictures, and I feel guilty about that. But now I'm feeling worse about not commenting, so I'm going to do a quick update on what I'm up to.

I have finished Tyra, the Elsebeth Lavold hat that I couldn't photograph before. It's nice, and stretchy, and warm (although I won't really know how warm for another two years. And that's a good thing). I have also finished the surprise... and... suprise! it's a scarf. It actually ended up being the perfect dimensions. I love garter stitch, especially when I'm trying to make something wide. It always somehow has extra width up its sleeve. (I suppose that in the case of sleeves this wouldn't be a good thing...)

I am now working on a scarf for NR, for writing a rec. I was originally going to make Danica, from Knitty, but then I realized that I hated making it, kept putting it off, and was unhappy while working on it. So, as it wasn't even a request or anything, I'm scrapping it and making the DNA Scarf (from Interweave Knits Fall 2003) instead. Pretty much this is a scarf with a cable in the shape of a DNA chain up the middle. (I'll post a picture tomorrow, I promise.) I'm trying to use the yarn I have left from the stuff I got for Danica, though, and I worry that I won't have enough. I might have to actually... go get more yarn. (As I have no money at the moment this is a problem...)

In other news, I'm finally getting caught up on work. The third part of my CS project is done, which means that for the rest of the year all I have is (a) grading (of which I still have a lot), (b) putting together the entire CS project and (c) writing the final paper for my science policy class. Although this isn't no work, it is significantly less than I have had up to now. Which is just wonderful. It makes me very happy. (And for all of those people wondering about this (yeah, right), the new Tomb Raider game is amazing, wonderful, beautiful, great, and terrific. Go play it.)

That's it for now. Pictures to be posted tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home