A Love Knit Up

Saturday, April 01, 2006

All Stressed Out and Nothing To Do

So I am officially done with writing my thesis, where "done" means "I have glossed over a bunch of details, I don't understand all of the math for what I am writing, and I cited some papers in the hardest sections because I couldn't figure out the arguments." So I should be more relaxed now that I've decided that I'm going to stop trying to write, and just concentrate on editing. But I haven't. I couldn't fall asleep yesterday until 8, and I'm getting the feeling that today is just going to be worse. And the weather sucks.

So, in light of that, I am going to waste the time that I should be spending working in order to post some photographs of what I have been up to. So the first thing I owe you is a picture of how Tyra is progressing (you didn't think I'd show you the orangutang shrug now, did you? keep waiting), so here it is:

(I couldn't get the details to stand out properly, but this is pretty much the right color =).)
About my scarf from the remains of Tubey.... It was originally supposed to be a scarf, but I cast on too few stitches (I didn't even consider gauge), so at the moment it's a rectangle. It's about 40 inches long, and likely by the time it's done it'll be at least 8 inches wide, maybe a little more. So it could be a short-sleeve shrug (if it's wide enough), or a bag, or something else entirely! It's a surprise! (And, frankly, I just like knitting with the yarn. I'll figure out something to do with it after. I don't want the upset of frogging and starting over, anyway.) But here is what it looks like now:

And my spinning... So after the really ugly awful yarn that I spun originally my newer yarn looks much better! I have a cone sitting on a straw waiting to be plied,

and another bit on the spindle (this is from a dyed bit of fiber that I got off of eBay).

So I think that's it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home