A Love Knit Up

Monday, March 13, 2006

Engineering Knitting

So last night I stopped working on my thesis and went and did my computer science homework. What did this consist of? Mostly drawing straight lines on a screen and hoping that the diagrams turned out OK. During the four hours I worked I had five minutes of thought. Which is a little depressing, and left me wishing that I could knit.

So today after class I went to the computer lab to print out the knitting patterns that I don't yet have printed. Obviously, this simple tast took me two hours and made me miss lunch. And after that I had another hour of putting them all away. But now I'm (almost) done, and I can relax. Except for the whole thing of a thesis due in three weeks (AAAH) but I'm going to ignore it for now and just knit a bit. I think that I had enough stress yesterday to excuse it. Or, at least, I'm going to tell myself that.

I have to say, one of the only things that is getting me through all of this is the knowledge that I will be able to go home and play with dyeing yarn and knitting some beautiful Angora yarn (from Elsebeth Lavold), which is all waiting for me at home in California. I'll be able to relax, catch up on grading (I am not looking forward to that, but at least I'll be able to do the math for it), concentrate on my other two classes, and read something fun without feeling guilty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home