A Love Knit Up

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Visiting and Reading

Some day I'm going to learn not to read Yarn Harlot at four in the morning... especially when I need to get up early the next day.

Today I visited MIT (and started knitting the Streakers Shrug from the Spring 06 Interweave knits... is it wrong to start two projects on consecutive days? I'm going to claim "no", at least in this case, as I finished up three projects in the last week. Please don't mention my thesis). I attended some lectures (and knitted) and talked to some professors (without knitting). I really liked it, especially how many windows the different classrooms had, and the beautiful view to the river. So I felt all nice when getting back home.

However, when I got back here I promptly went to sleep, woke up at 11, and did homework until a bit ago. And then I decide to read some Yarn Harlot. (There's my mistake. You would think that I'd learn not to, but oh, well.) In the ay 2005 archives she points to Fiddlesticks Knitting, which is amazing, beautiful, wonderful, and superb. I've been looking at their patterns for hte last half hour. But I was good! I haven't bought anything yet! (Not that this has stopped me from fantacising about the patterns... but at least I'm trying.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home